- This event has passed.
BAR Specific Diagnostic and Repair Training
Oct. 1,2,8,9, 22 and 23 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
This new Diagnostic & Repair Training course meets the smog repair license exam prerequisites and is valid for 5years. Formerly known as the A-6, A-8 and L-1. This class combines into one course, all course content for the A-6, A-8 and L-1ASE alternative courses and includes additional updated diagnostic information. This course covers the latest smog update requirements including:
- Electrical systems diagnosis and repair,
- Engine performance systems diagnosis and repair,
- Advanced engine performance systems diagnosis and repair,
- Hands-on competency test,
- Written exam
- All materials
- BAR’s Specified Diagnostic Training Certification which is good for 5 years.
NOTE: All technicians, whether current or perspective, can no longer mix and match the ASE required courses A-6, A-8, and L-1 with ASE Alternative A-6, A-8, and L-1 courses. That is, candidates must take and pass all three ASE courses or take the ASE Alternative course in order to meet the BAR requirements. Example: a candidate cannot take and pass the ASE A-6 and ASE A-8 then fail the ASE L-1 and take the ASE L-1 Alternative in order to satisfy the requirements for licensing.